This page provides you all the information you need to know if you are thinking of an iPad Home button replacement from any iPad service center.
The following are some of the issues you may be facing which requires an iPad Home button replacement:
· iPad home button not working
· iPad home button sensitivity is not good
The following are some of the possible reasons for the above issues:
· iPad fell accidentally
· Liquid damage to the iPad
· Manufacturing defect with the Home button
The following are some of the steps you can perform to confirm that you need a Home button replacement:
· Hard Reset: Perform a hard reset on your iPad to ensure that the issue is not caused by any software issue. You can refer to the following link to perform a hard reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559.
· Assistive touch: You can turn on assistive touch as an alternative if your iPad home button is not working. For more information on assistive touch, see https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202658.
Our technicians are equipped to perform the iPad home button replacement at our iPad service center. iPad repairs are complex and needs a clean environment with right tools to do the repair and hence the device will be picked up to one of our service center where it will be repaired and dropped back to you. Also, some of the models of iPad have the home button embedded in the touch panel which has to be replaced. The newer models of iPad have fingerprint sensor and if the same is damaged or not working then it cannot be repaired or replaced and only the home button functionality can be restored.
The following are some of the checks our technician performs after the iPad Home button replacement is done:
· Home button functionality
· Fingerprint functionality
1. My fingerprint sensor is not working. Should the home button be replaced?
Answer: Replacing the home button will not restore the fingerprint sensor functionality.
2. After getting the service done if there are issues with the home button will iTweak replace it?
Answer: We will surely replace the Home button if there are any functionality issues if the device is still covered under warranty. However, the warranty does not cover any physical or liquid damages to the device. For more information, you can always contact us directly.
If you are not sure if you need the iPad Home button replacement or if you have more questions regarding the service you can call us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.