This page provides you all the information you need to know if you are thinking of getting your water damaged iPhone repaired from any iPhone service center.
Reasons for iPhone water damage
The following are some of the issues your iPhone may be facing which requires diagnosis and L4 repair:
· iPhone not working because of water damage
· iPhone not charging because of water damage
· iPhone not turning on because of water damage
· iPhone getting heated because of water damage
· Display is not working because of water damage
· Touch is not working because of water damage
The following are some of the possible reasons for the above issues:
· iPhone fell accidentally in water
· Liquid on the iPhone
· Water damage due to excess moisture
DIY Steps to try to identify/rectify if you need L4 repair for iPhone Water Damage
The following are some of the steps you can perform to confirm that you need a diagnosis or L4 repair:
· Do not switch on the device or charge your iPhone if it is water damaged: If your iPhone is completely submerged in water then we recommend you carry your device to our iPhone service center as soon as possible. You can also book an appointment to get the device picked from your doorstep. If your iPhone is not extensively damaged then you can keep the phone aside without charging for a day or two and wait for the water to dry. After the water is evaporated try to switch on the iPhone and if it still does not work then the device might need further diagnosis to check if there is any damage to the logic board or any other component.
Process of repairing a water damaged iPhone
If your iPhone is water damaged we will pick up the device to one of our iPhone service center and the phone will first be diagnosed to check the extent of the damage. Based on the findings we will let you know if the iPhone can be repaired or not and also let you know what are the components affected and needs replacement. Once we receive an approval we will then go ahead and repair the device and drop it back to you. Since Logic board repairs are complex we will need 3-5 days of time to repair the same.
Frequently asked questions for iPhone Water Damage
1. My iPhone is water damaged, should I put the iPhone for charging?
Answer: Never put your iPhone for charging if it is water damaged because it can damage the device further.
2. After getting the service done if there are issues with charging will iTweak repair it?
Answer: We will surely pick up the device if the device is under service warranty.
If you are not sure if you need to get your water damaged iPhone repaired or if you have more questions regarding the service you can call us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.