iPad Not Charging – How to proceed with replacing the dock connector
This page provides you all the information you need to know if you are thinking of an iPad dock connector replacement from any iPad service center.
Reasons for getting an iPad dock connector replacement
The following are some of the issues you may be facing which requires an iPad dock connector replacement:
· iPad not charging
· iPad charging intermittently
· Charging time has increased
· iPad not getting detected in iTunes
The following are some of the possible reasons for the above issues:
· iPad fell accidentally
· Liquid damage to the iPad
· Dust or moisture accumulation in the charging port
· Power surge due to which the dock connector is damaged
· Using an incompatible iPad charger or adapter
· Manufacturing defect with the dock connector
DIY Steps to try to identify/rectify if you need an iPad Dock Connector Replacement
The following are some of the steps you can perform to confirm that you need a dock connector replacement:
· Alternate charging cable and adapter: If your iPad is not getting detected via USB or if your iPad is not charging try using a different cable and adapter. This is to ensure that the issue is not with the charging cable or the adapter. If you are still facing issue then do a Hard Reset as outlined below. If that does not resolve the issue then the dock connector must be replaced.
· Hard Reset:
Perform a hard reset on your iPad to ensure that the issue is not caused by any software issue. You can refer to the following link to perform a hard reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559
Process of replacing the iPad dock connector
Our technicians are trained and equipped with the tools to perform the iPad dock connector or the iPad lightning connector replacement at our service center. iPad repairs are complex and needs a clean environment with the right tools to perform the repairs hence the device will be picked up from your location and will be serviced at one of our service center and returned back to you after the repair. Also, the replacing the dock connector for iPad Mini series involves micro-soldering and must be done only by trained technicians.
Checks to be performed after the iPad dock connector replacement is done
The following are some of the checks our technician performs after the iPad dock connector replacement is done:
Frequently asked questions for iPad Dock Connector Replacement
1. My iPad is not charging, can you repair the dock connector instead of replacing the same?
Answer: Unfortunately, we will not be repair the dock connector, we have to replace the part to rectify the issue.
2. After getting the service done if there are issues with charging will iTweak replace it?
Answer: We will surely replace the dock connector if there are any functionality issues if the device is still covered under warranty. However, the warranty does not cover any physical or liquid damages to the device. For more information, you can always contact us directly.
If you are not sure if you need the iPad dock connector replacement or if you have more questions regarding the service you can call us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.