This guide provides you all the information you need to know if you are thinking of an iPhone dock connector replacement from any iPhone service center.
The following are some of the issues you may be facing which requires an iPhone dock connector replacement:
· iPhone earphone port not working
· iPhone not charging
· iPhone charging intermittently
· Charging time has increased
· iPhone not getting detected in iTunes
The following are some of the possible reasons for the above issues:
· iPhone fell accidentally
· Liquid damage to the iPhone
· Dust or moisture accumulation in the headphone jack port
· Power surge due to which the dock connector is damaged
· Using an incompatible iPhone charger or adapter
· Manufacturing defect with the dock connector
The following are some of the steps you can perform to confirm that you need a dock connector replacement:
· Alternate earphone/earpods: If your iPhone is not detecting earpods try using a different earphone/earpod. This is to ensure that the issue is not with the earpod. If you are still facing issue then do a Hard Reset as outlined below. If that does not resolve the issue then the dock connector must be replaced. Another indication that you need a dock connector replacement is if the microphone or the charging connector is not working since they are all integrated in the same part.
· Hard Reset: Perform a hard reset on your iPhone to ensure that the issue is not caused by any software issue. You can refer to the following link to perform a hard reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559.
Our technicians are trained and equipped to do the iPhone dock connector replacement at your doorstep. If you have any issues charging you iPhone or with the headphone jack and the microphone then our technician will replace the iPhone dock connector at your doorstep.
The following are some of the checks our technician performs after the iPhone dock connector replacement is done:
· Headphone jack functionality
· Microphone functionality
1. My iPhone is not charging and the headphone jack connector is not working, can you repair the dock connector instead of replacing the same?
Answer: Unfortunately, we will not be repair the dock connector, we have to replace the part to rectify the issue.
2. After getting the service done if there are issues with charging or headphone jack connector will iTweak replace it?
Answer: We will surely replace the dock connector if there are any functionality issues if the device is still covered under warranty. However, the warranty does not cover any physical or liquid damages to the device. For more information, you can always contact us directly.
If you are not sure if you need the iPhone dock connector replacement or if you have more questions regarding the service you can call us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.