Reasons for getting an iPhone Battery Replacement
Following are some of the key factors in identifying a faulty battery:
- Battery back up has decreased
- iPhone is not switching on
- iPhone is rebooting
- iPhone is heating
- iPhone screen has come out of the panel (battery has bulged)
- iPhone’s performance has reduced
- iPhone is hanging frequently
- iPhone switches off randomly
- iPhone battery does not last for long time even on Airplane mode
Following are some of the reasons for a faulty battery
- Over charging your iPhone battery: Charging your iPhone Battery very often and also having it on charge beyond 100% will decrease the battery life of your iPhone.
- Not maintaining optimal temperature for your iPhone: If your iPhone is exposed to high temperatures or even very low temperature there are chances of your iPhone’s battery life getting decreased.
- Using incompatible charging cables and adapters: If you do not use the original Apple accessories there are chances that you might damage the battery of your iPhone.
How to maintain your iPhone’s battery
All the models of Apple iPhone’s come with a Lithium-ion battery. Every battery is designed to last for a certain number of charging cycles depending on the model of the iPhone and the capacity of the battery for the same. Once the charging cycles are complete the performance of your iPhone battery decreases. You complete one charge cycle of your iPhone Battery when you have used an amount that equals 100 per cent of your battery’s capacity — but not essentially from one charge. It can take several hours or days to complete one charge cycle depending on the usage.
The following are some of the measures to maintain the battery life of your iPhone:
- Battery charging: Charge the battery only till 100%. Do not put the battery for overnight charging.
- Temperature: Do not expose your iPhone to very high or very low temperatures.
- Software update: Always keep your iPhone updated to the latest software.
- Accessories: Always use accessories recommended by Apple. Also, do not use cases while charging your iPhone as this may lead to over heating.
- Display brightness: Adjust your screen brightness as per requirement. Use Auto Brightness for optimal performance.
- Location services: Check and disable Location Services for applications that are not required as this can drain the battery.
- Background Apps: Check and disable all the background running applications that are not required.
- WiFi instead of Cellular Network: Using Cellular network drains the battery faster than WiFi. Use WiFi when available to preserve battery life.
- Using Low Power mode: Use Low Power mode when you do not have sufficient battery power.
DIY: Steps to identify if you need an iPhone battery replacement
Following are some of the steps to help you identify if you really need a iPhone battery replacement:
- Recalibrating your battery: Let your battery drain to 0% and then charge your Battery to 100%. Once your battery is charged to 100% discharge the battery back to 0%. This will recalibrate the battery.
Once the battery is recalibrated use the phone normally and see if your battery is still draining too fast or taking time to charge. If the charging time has increased or if the battery does not last for long then you have to get your iPhone battery replacement done from an iPhone service center.
- Airplane mode: Keep the phone in Airplane mode and observe if its loosing charge very quickly. This is also an indicator that your iPhone battery replacement must be done.
How to identify the right iPhone service to get your iPhone battery replacement done
When it comes to battery there are a lot of independent iPhone service centers apart from Apple authorized service centers that offer iPhone battery replacement at different cost and warranty. The first step in getting your iPhone Battery replacement done is to first visit an Apple Authorized service center and check if they can replace the battery under warranty. You can also check the warranty online at https://checkcoverage.apple.com/in/en/.
If the Apple warranty is not applicable and if you are not satisfied with the quoted price then you can visit an independent iPhone service center. The best way to select an independent iPhone service center in Bangalore, Mumbai or any other city is to look at the following pointers:
- Warranty: Always check the warranty offered for the battery. Every independent iPhone Service center offers different warranty periods for iPhone battery replacement. A good iPhone service center offers warranty not less than 6 months for iPhone battery replacement.
- Quality: Warranty is a very good indicator of the quality of the iPhone battery replacement done in the iPhone service center.
- Affordability: Always go with an iPhone service center which has moderate pricing.
At iTweak, we provide high quality replacement battery for your iPhone. The testament for the same is the warranty of 6 months offered for iPhone Battery Replacement. Also, a doorstep service can be arranged for the iPhone battery replacement at no extra cost. Our technicians are well trained and are provided all the necessary ESD kits to ensure the safety of your iPhone. You can also visit our iPhone service center in Bangalore, located in Marathahalli or R.T nagar. For more information, see http://www.itweak.in/stores.
Tip: Always avoid independent iPhone service centers that claim to have different quality of batteries/ Original battery. Only Apple authorized service centers have access to original batteries.
Checks after getting your iPhone Battery replacement done
Following are some of the checks you can perform after getting an iPhone battery replacement from any iPhone service center:
- Charging time: Check if the charging time required to charge the iPhone from 0 to 100%. If the charging time has increased then it is not a good sign for battery.
- Discharging time: Check if the discharging time from 100 to 0% has reduced drastically. If the discharging time has reduced on normal usage then it is not a good sign for battery.
- Heating: If you experience any heating issues then the battery is not of a good quality.