iPad Screen Replacement: How to proceed with replacing your iPad screen
This page provides you all the information you need to know if you are thinking of an iPad screen replacement from any iPad service center.
Reasons for getting an iPad screen replacement
The following are some of the issues you may be facing which requires an iPad screen replacement:
· Touchscreen not working
· Screen is broken
· LCD is damaged
· Lines on the display
· Screen brightness is very low
· Touch works intermittently
· Screen is coming out of the panel
The following are some of the possible reasons for the above issues:
· iPad fell accidentally
· Liquid damage to the iPad
· Battery bulge because of which screen lifts out of the panel
· Manufacturing defect with the touchscreen, LCD, or display connector
DIY Steps to try to identify/rectify if you need an iPad Screen Replacement
The following are some of the steps you can perform to confirm that you need a screen replacement:
· Clean the display: If your iPad’s touch is not working or if it works intermittently then you can try cleaning the display with a microfiber cloth. You can use isopropyl alcohol to clean the display. This is to ensure that any dirt or moisture present on the display is removed. Also, ensure that your fingers are clean to avoid any moisture or dirt while using your iPad.
· Hard Reset:
Perform a hard reset on your iPad to ensure that the issue is not caused by any software issue. You can refer to the following link to perform a hard reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559
Process of replacing the iPad screen replacement
Unlike the newer models of iPhone’s, a few models of iPad do not have LCD and the touchscreen fused together as a single unit. The touchscreen and the LCD can be replaced separately for iPad1, iPad 2, iPad3, iPad 4, iPad Mini 1, iPad Mini 2, iPad Air 1, iPad Mini 3, and iPad 5. However, a few models of iPad such as iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, and iPad Pro have the LCD and Touchscreen fused together as a single unit, hence the whole unit has to be changed if there is a damage to the touchscreen.
Checks to be performed after the iPad screen replacement is done
The following are some of the checks our technician performs after the iPad screen replacement is done:
· Touch sensitivity
Frequently asked questions for iPad Screen Replacement
1. My iPad screen is broken; however, the LCD is working fine, can you replace just the touchscreen of my iPad?
Answer: Yes, we can replace the iPad touchscreen, however a few models of iPad have the LCD and touchscreen fused together and the whole display assembly must be replaced.
2. Can the iPad screen replacement be done at my doorstep?
Answer: iPad screen replacement must always be done in a clean environment by qualified and experienced technicians because of the various connectors involved in the iPad screen replacement process. Our technicians are trained and equipped to do iPad screen replacement at our store. We will pick up the device from your doorstep and deliver the iPad back to you.
3. After getting the service done if I see any brightness or touch issues will iTweak replace it?
Answer: We will surely replace the display if there are any functionality issues if the device is still covered under warranty. However, the warranty does not cover any physical or liquid damages to the device. For more information, you can always contact us directly.
If you are not sure if you need the iPad screen replacement or if you have more questions regarding the service you can call us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.