iPad Battery Replacement: How to proceed with replacing your iPad Battery
This page provides you all the information you need to know if you are thinking of an iPad Battery replacement from any iPad service center.
Reasons for getting an iPad Battery replacement
The following are some of the issues you may be facing which requires an iPad Battery replacement:
· Battery backup is low
· Battery is bulged
· iPad is heating
· iPad is not switching on
· iPad is rebooting
· iPad switches off randomly
The following are some of the possible reasons for the above issues:
· Number of charging cycles of the battery is complete
· Manufacturing defect with the battery
· Using incompatible charging cables or adapters
· Power surge
· Exposing iPad to high temperatures
DIY Steps to try to identify/rectify if you need an iPad Battery Replacement
The following are some of the steps you can perform to confirm that you need a Battery replacement:
· Recalibrating the battery: Your battery is designed to retain up to 80 per cent of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles. If you have not completed the charging locations and still your battery does not provide enough backup then you can try recalibrating your battery. Let your battery drain to 0% and then charge it till 100%. Once your battery is charged to 100% discharge the battery back to 0%. This will recalibrate the battery. Once the battery is recalibrated use the phone normally and see if your battery is still draining too fast or taking time to charge. If the charging time has increased or if the battery does not last for long then you have to get your iPad battery replacement done from an iPad service center.
· Hard Reset:
Perform a hard reset on your iPad to ensure that the issue is not caused by any software issue. You can refer to the following link to perform a hard reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559
Process of replacing the iPad Battery replacement
Replacing the iPad battery is a complex process and needs a clean environment with the right tools. We will pick up your device and replace the battery at one of our service center and then deliver the same back to you at your doorstep.
Checks to be performed after the iPad Battery replacement is done
The following are some of the checks our technician performs after the iPad Battery replacement is done:
· Charging time
· Battery backup
· Heating if any
Frequently asked questions for iPad Battery Replacement
1. What is the typical battery life of an iPad?
Answer: While there is no fixed life for an iPad battery, it totally depends on the model of the iPad and the kind of usage. Each battery is typically designed by to last for 500 charging cycles. You complete one charge cycle of your iPad Battery when you have used an amount that equals 100 per cent of your battery’s capacity — but not essentially from one charge. It can take several hours or days to complete one charge cycle depending on the usage.
2. After getting the service done if I do not get battery backup issues will iTweak replace the battery?
Answer: We will surely replace the battery if there are any functionality issues if the device is still covered under warranty. However, the warranty does not cover any physical or liquid damages to the device. For more information, you can always contact us directly.
If you are not sure if you need the iPad Battery replacement or if you have more questions regarding the service you can call us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.